Reclaiming unceded treaty land between Hwy. 1806 and the Missouri river.
Purpose of today’s action: “This morning, at approximately 8am central, water protectors took back unceded territory affirmed in the 1851 Treaty of Ft. Laramie as sovereign land under the control of the Oceti Sakowin.”
Indian Country Today article regarding the UN’s assessment of DAPL route being mapped out without adequate consultation.
Harold Frazier says “Time to rise. Oceti Sakowin nations come and stand on the frontline and defend our rights. The line has been drawn!”
– Indigenous Environmental Network (video length 1:35)
Morning update, historical day to remember.
– Digital Smoke Signals (video length 28:41)
Update; helicopter flying over circle.
– Digital Smoke Signals (video length 0:56)
Video of horse, and helicopter flying by low.
– Digital Smoke Signals (video length 0:08)
Historical update – Tribe taking back their eminent domain; International Indigenous Youth Council update.
– Digital Smoke Signals (video length 13:31)
Emergency Update, started about 1:30pm.
– Digital Smoke Signals (video length 38:06)
Oceti Sakowin has claimed eminent domain over traditional lands, “broken treaty lands” from Energy Transfer company, “Dakota Access pipeline company”. Digital Smoke Signals media tent is erected to report news from front lines. The lands have now been blessed correctly by the original caretakers of the land. The sacred fire has been lit of the 7 councils!!! It is an honor to witness…
– Digital Smoke Signals (video length 1:57)
Update and recap of today’s milestone in tribal sovereignty – Indigenous Eminent Domain, Shots fired at drones.
– Digital Smoke Signals (video length 8:04)
While water protectors chant, sing and pray the police surround them but did not help when DAPL kidnapped a water protector… Waiting for the police to arrive.
– Tyisha Mitchell (video length 12:17)
DAPL Private security. Footage of harassment by what is believed to be DAPL security on 4 wheelers.
– Tyisha Mitchell (video length 1:43)
Help Us President Obama!
– International Indigenous Youth Council (video length 4:24)
Singing and a helicopter flew by very low.
– Janene Hampton (video length 2:25)
Folks circling up, live.
– Janene Hampton (video length 0:32)
Three videos of today’s Treaty camp walk:
- Jean Roach (video length 0:11)
– Jean Roach (video length 1:55)
– Jean Roach (video length 3:12)
Blocking the highway near Standing Rock: Anti-Media live at the Dakota Access Pipeline
– The Anti-media (video length 26:58)
Oceti Sakowin takes back unceded territory affirmed in the 1851 Treaty of Ft. Laramie and create new camp in direct route of DAPL construction.
– Unicorn Riot (video length 1:19)
On the ground defending the water.
– Sacred Stone Camp (video length 2:20)
Circled up, beginning of round dance
– Red Warrior Camp (video length 0:19):
We are ready and standing our ground. Our sacred ground. Peace be with us all.
– Dr0ne2bwild (video length 0:15)
Trying to sneak up on us like snakes.
– Dr0ne2bwild (video length 0:55)
Footage of illegal shot at drone.
– Dr0ne2bwild (video length 1:40)
Evidence of shots fired at drone (it is a federal crime to shoot down any aircraft or drone) with footage of shooting – with Dr0ne2bwild.
– Prolific TheRapper (video length 1:05)
FAA says that it is a federal crime to shoot down a drone.
– Lakota Country Times shares article by Kelsey D Atherton with Popular Science
Dr0ne2bwild vs. DAPL Security – Drone shot at 10 times.
– Dean Dedman Jr., Dr0one2bwild (video length 3:24)
Exercised Tribal Sovereignty on land East of Hwy 1806, Contact Director of Domestic Policy Council
– Indigenous People Power Project (video length 2:46)
Beautiful Warrior woman who was injured by the brutal tactics used by the police speaks out about what happened yesterday.
– Lindsey Norton (video length 3:14)
1806 closed due to the rock block, officers only allow local traffic to pass. Police ask for IDs, re-direct people to an alternative route 20 miles out to get back to camp. “They’re not even letting us get back home.”
– Cempoalli Twenny (video length 7:11)
Blockades put up to block police from arresting water protectors.
– Eric Poemz (video length 1:06)
On the front lines in Standing Rock on Hwy 1806 where we set up a Blockade.
– Eric Poemz (video length 0:30)
Just getting to Front lines in Standing Rock for the days Prayers and Protection
– Eric Poemz (video length 2:45):
Water protectors set up a blockade to close down Hwy 1806 to keep over 55 police units from entering while the new camp (Oceti) gets set up.
– Eric Poemz (video length 0:43)
Winter camp is going up.
Blockade on Hwy 1806 north of proposed DAPL pipeline crossing.
Updated Black Snake Destruction Report
Status report, video links, and 8 photos
Morton County Press Release – Protesters illegally block highway 1806.